Find out the latest from Universal Music & Brands
Want to learn more about us and our work?
Contact us on the below and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form :(
To increase petrol sales through a short-term acquisition campaign across 400 gas stations in Germany.
Aral customers were able to choose between a CD or a voucher to download an album on the Aral platform after filling up at Aral gas stations. In addition, Universal Music tracks were used in synchronization to further bring the brand and music together.
Over two years, 7750,000 CDs offered and 250,000 voucher codes offered with a digital redemption rate of 70%.
When we started out we knew that 30% of teens in Central Southern Europe (CSE) had not had a Coca-Cola in the last month. The objective was clear: engage teens, and implicitly grow consumption.
A unique partnership was forged with Universal Music & Brands and Coca-Cola to create a new music format: the emotisong. A max 15 second coke branded cut of famous songs expressing just the right thing.
Coca-Cola’s multi-awarded & most successful campaign in CSE in 2014. “Say it with a song” - a product & digital concept enabling teens to communicate their emotions through music. 1 billion earned media impressions over the 3 months campaign across CSE region.
To develop a unique artist branded product offer to drive global sales and elevate brand profile.
The creation of a highly-coveted, limited edition Rolling Stones 50th Anniversary gift set amplified through social media marketing and CRM offers including band merchandise and concert tickets. The collectible gift set was sold in over twenty countries worldwide.
300,000 gift sets shipped and sold out globally. The Rolling Stones Product helped support Crystal Head Vodka brand launches in new territories such as Italy, Russia, and Japan.
To help launch the new Ford KA and Fiesta in France.
Universal Music & Brands helped launch the new Ford KA during the NRJ music awards (large French award show) by Jenifer (a high profile local artist). In the run up to the awards, a contest between 12 participants, 1 winner signed a contract with Mercury/Universal and was supported by Ford throughout the year. For the introduction of the new Ford Fiesta, Universal Music & Brands partnered Martin Solveig (a high profile local artist) with Ford including product placement, synchronisation and more.
Through an association with music, Ford was given an edge on its brand image, giving its new cars a glamorous and young image.
To drive preference toward HP products and increase HP sales and strengthen HP brand & consumer engagement with Millennials as well as generate massive & qualified marketing campaigns.
A curated music platform and a fully integrated marketing package, including dedicated showcases, product placements, tours sponsoring and other money can’t buy experiences, generating massive media coverage.
We’ve reached a total of 450,000,000 hits on Facebook and Twitter, 300,000,000 YouTube views promoting HP products and 25,000 privileged guests have been rewarded in 3 years representing a multimillion-euro media coverage.
ibis were looking to incorporate a music strategy into their offering.
The launch of ‘ibis music’ offers customers’ access to unlimited music streaming throughout their stay at no additional cost. Achieved through a connection to a dedicated ibis music website and mobile application.
Added value for ibis in a heavily competitive market.
Swiss luxury jewellery and watch brand Piaget wanted a brand ambassador to represent their Rose Collection and to use Edith Piaf’s La Vie En Rose in the campaign.
Through Universal Music & Brands, La Vie En Rose was recorded exclusively by Melody Gardot for Piaget and is available on the deluxe edition of her new album 'The Absence'. A huge marketing campaign was launched in conjunction with this partnership.
Editorial in one of the world’s most recognisable fashion magazines: Vogue as well as international promotion across Asia with the video premiere taking place on Tudou (China’s biggest video platform). Music week awards 2013 finalist.
Boost credit card subscription across the 16-24 year olds segment and increase loyalty through a dedicated Bank + Music offer.
Société Générale and Universal Music & Brands launched the So Music platform dedicated to young adults. The youth bank package includes banking services (credit card, free overdrafts, insurance at preferential rates etc.) combined with entertainment benefits (private concerts by Universal Music artists, free concert tickets all over France, as well as the opportunity to meet artists and win merchandise as well as many additional benefits).
So Music has allowed Société Générale to sustain their efforts to seduce the youth market through 220,000 So Music cards subscribed. For more than 90% of customers, the campaign tested positively.
How important is music in building a brand? How does sound impact perception and consumer behaviour?
Uli Reese, sound strategist, composer and audio branding global speaker, explores in his new book these questions and more with 101 great minds from the world of marketing, music and advertising.
One of the thought leaders interviewed is Universal Music and Brands’ Global Head of New Business, Olivier Robert-Murphy. Giving insight into the agency’s mind-set around brands, fans, emotion and data, he explains why “the sound associated to the brand is key.”
‘101 Great Minds on Music, Brands and Behavior’ by Uli Reese is available now on Amazon
As part of the co-operation with the European Capital of Culture, UM Poland delivered Andrea Bocelli’s concert at the City Stadium in Wroclaw.
The Objective: Raise awareness on Wroclaw, European Capital of Culture in 2016
The Solution: Universal Music Group & Brands and the City Council teamed up to bring Andrea Bocelli to Wroclaw. The artist performed an exclusive concert in Wroclaw Stadium which is one of the largest stadium in the country. The first 3 songs of the concert were broadcasted live on TVP 2, a public TV channel.
The Result: The concert was attended by a crowd of 25,000 people. It was sold out and the broadcast reached 1M viewers.
Check out the TV spot here.
Universal Music has announced a three year extension of their partnership with HP, plus the launch of a new dedicated music platform called HP Lounge.
Preloaded on to a range of the latest HP devices, HP Lounge is a new Windows desktop app that gives fans access to an immersive experience for their favourite Universal Music artists, including 12 months of ad-free, unlimited radio streaming via a variety of stations grouped by genre, artist or mood. HP Lounge also offers behind-the-scenes news, making-of videos, artist interviews and album reviews and competitions to win concert tickets and gain access to exclusive money can’t buy music experiences.
The extended partnership also includes tour sponsorship and showcases around the world, with Brandon Flowers and The Avener in Moscow in November, Felix Jaehn in Cologne also in November, Years & Years in London in December and Juan Magan in Madrid in January 2016. Exclusive videos and photos from these special events will be made available only through HP Lounge www.hp-lounge.com
Find out more: HP Lounge Launch 2015
A unique opportunity to launch the ‘Cheek to Cheek’ album in Belgium. Both artists were open to a worldwide premiere concert at a non-conventional location. This campaign won a Buzz Award.
Universal Music Group & Brands Poland started 2015 with another FMCG deal: again with Somersby. After last year’s campaign with Ella Eyre, this time people will enjoy a free track download by collecting codes from beer bottle caps. The campaign launched early March. Stay tuned!
Telstra’s 2nd Chance Song campaign is a competition that revisited a classic Australian song by encouraging amateurs to post their cover on YouTube. Four artists and several influential YouTubers took up the challenge and inspired over 200 participants. They generated more than 11 hours of content on YouTube and over 2 million completed video views during the campaign period alone.
Hi The Pickup is an online video series created for telco brand ‘Hi’. Together with hiphop label Top Notch, eight music videos and tracks have been released. Using Spotify and Skype in the music videos Hi proved to youngsters that it has the best video stream experience (with 4G) on mobile phones.
Havas Group and Universal Music Group have formed a Global Music Data Alliance. The unique partnership will see exclusive solutions being offered to brands mixing data and content.
The following terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) govern your use of the Universal Music Group Web Sites which consist of Interscope Records, Dreamworks Records, A&M Octone Records, Geffen Records, Island Records, Def Jam Recordings, Lost Highway Records, MCA Nashville, Mercury Records, Motown Records, Universal Republic Records, Universal Records South, Verve Music Group, Decca Label Group, Universal Music Latin Entertainment and Universal Music Enterprises as well as a multitude of record labels owned or distributed by its record company subsidiaries around the world. a domain names (collectively, the “Site”). The Site is made available by Universal Music Group and its affiliates (“Universal” or “we” or “us”). We may change the Terms and Conditions from time to time, at any time without notice to you, by posting such changes on the Site. BY USING THE SITE, YOU ACCEPT AND AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AS APPLIED TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, you may not access or otherwise use the Site.
1. Proprietary Rights. As between you and Universal, Universal owns, solely and exclusively, all rights, title and interest in and to the Site, all the content (including, for example, audio, photographs, illustrations, graphics, other visuals, video, copy, lyrics, software, etc.), code, data and materials thereon, the look and feel, design and organization of the Site, and the compilation of the content, code, data and materials on the Site, including but not limited to any copyrights, trademark rights, patent rights, database rights, moral rights, sui generis rights and other intellectual property and proprietary rights therein. Your use of the Site does not grant to you ownership of any content, code, data or materials you may access on the Site. You may view the content on the Site on your computer or other internet-compatible device, and make single copies or prints of the content on the Site for your personal, internal use only. Any commercial distribution, publishing or exploitation of the Site, or any content, code, data or materials on the Site, is strictly prohibited unless you have received the express prior permission of Universal or the applicable rights holder. (The Site may contain some features that enable you to obtain rights to use certain of the content on the Site, such as lyrics, music, photographs, and the like. In such situations, your rights to use such content are limited to the rights expressly granted by Universal in such situations.) You may not otherwise copy, reproduce, distribute or otherwise exploit any content, code, data or materials on the Site. If you make other use of the Site, or the content, code, data or materials thereon, except as otherwise provided above, you may violate copyright and other laws of the United States, othter countries, as well as applicable state laws and may be subject to liability for such unauthorized use. Universal will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, including the seeking of criminal prosecution.
2. Trademarks. The trademarks, logos, service marks and trade names (collectively the “Trademarks”) displayed on the Site are registered and unregistered Trademarks of Universal and others and may not be used in connection with products and/or services that are not related to, associated with, or sponsored by their rights holders that are likely to cause customer confusion, or in any manner that disparages or discredits their rights holders. All Trademarks not owned by Universal that appear on the Site, if any, are the property of their respective owners. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the Site without the written permission of Universal or the third party that may own the applicable Trademark. Your misuse of the Trademarks displayed on the Site is strictly prohibited. Universal will aggressively enforce its Trademark rights to the fullest extent of the law, including the seeking of criminal prosecution.
5. User Conduct. You warrant and agree that, while using the Site, you shall not upload, post or transmit to the Site, or distribute or otherwise publish through the Site, any materials that: (a) are protected by third party copyright, or other proprietary or intellectual property right; (b) are unlawful, threatening, hateful, tortious, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy or publicity rights, harassing, profane, obscene, vulgar or that contain explicit or graphic descriptions or accounts of sexual acts (including but not limited to sexual language of a violent or threatening nature directed at another individual or group of individuals), (c) restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Site, (d) constitute or encourage conduct that would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability, or (e) contain a virus or other harmful component, advertising of any kind, or false or misleading indications of origin or statements of fact.
You also warrant and agree that you shall not: (a) impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your affiliation with any other person or entity; (b) upload, post, publish, transmit, reproduce, distribute or in any way exploit any information or other material obtained through the Site for commercial purposes (other than as expressly permitted by the provider of such information or other material); (c) engage in spamming, flooding, harvesting of e-mail addresses or other personal information, spidering, “screen scraping,” “database scraping,” or any other activity with the purpose of obtaining lists of users or other information, or send chain letters or pyramid schemes via the Site; or (d) attempt to gain unauthorized access to other computer systems through the Site. You agree that you will not use the Site in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Site or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Site. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the Site.
Although Universal may from time to time monitor or review discussions, chats, postings, transmissions, bulletin boards, and the like on the Site, Universal is under no obligation to do so and assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the content of any such locations on the Site nor for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger, or inaccuracy contained in any information within such locations on the Site.
You agree that if you include a link from any other Web site to the Site, such link shall open in a new browser window. You agree not to link from any other Web site to this Site in any manner such that the Site, or any page of the Site, is “framed,” surrounded or obfuscated by any third party content, materials or branding. We reserve the right to revoke your right to link to the Site from your Web site at any time upon written notice to you.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold Universal and its directors, officers, employees and agents harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising in any way from your use of the Site, your placement or transmission of any message, content, information, software or other materials through the Site, or your breach or violation of the law or of these Terms and Conditions. Universal reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and in such case, you agree to cooperate with Universal’s defense of such claim.
6. Account and Password. You may be enabled to create an account in the Site with a username and password. If so, you are responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of your account password, and you shall be responsible for any access to or use of the Site by you or any person or entity using a password provided to you, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by or on behalf of you, and whether or not such person or entity is your employee or agent. You agree to (a) immediately notify Universal of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. It is your sole responsibility to control the dissemination and use of your password, control access to and use of your account, and notify Universal when you desire to cancel your account on the Site. Universal will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this provision.
7. Software Downloads. In the event that you receive software demos or other software products downloaded from the Site or otherwise delivered or provided by Universal in response to your request, your use of such software will be subject to the software license agreement that accompanies such software.
8. Orders for Products and Services. We may make certain products available to visitors and registrants of the Site. For example, you may be able to order certain music-related products and/or licenses through the Site. You may only do so if, and you hereby represent and warrant that, you are domiciled in the United States and you are 18 years old or older. You agree to pay in full the prices for any purchases you make either by credit/debit card concurrent with your online order or by other payment means acceptable to Universal. You agree to pay all applicable taxes. If payment is not received by us from your credit or debit card issuer or its agents, you agree to pay all amounts due upon demand by us.
9. Third Party Web Sites. You may be able to link from the Site to third party Web sites (“Linked Sites”). For example, you may purchase products, some of which may be Universal products, on or though Linked Sites. You acknowledge and agree that we have no responsibility for the information, content, products, services, advertising, code or other materials which may or may not be provided by or through Linked Sites. Links to Linked Sites do not constitute an endorsement by us of such web sites or the information, content, products, services, advertising, code or other materials presented on or through such web sites.
10. Disclaimer of warranties. The site, including, without limitation, all services, content, functions and materials, is provided “as is,” “as available”, without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, any warranty for information, data, data processing services, uptime or uninterrupted access, any warranties concerning the availability, accuracy, usefulness, or content of information, and any warranties of title, non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, and we hereby disclaim any and all such warranties, express and implied. we do not warrant that the site or the services, content, functions or materials contained therein will be timely, secure, uninterrupted or error free, or that defects will be corrected. we make no warranty that the site will meet users’ requirements. no advice, results or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from us or through the site shall create any warranty not expressly made herein. universal also assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the site or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from the site. if you are dissatisfied with the site, your sole remedy is to discontinue using the site.
Without limitation of the above in this section, universal and its suppliers and licensors make no warranties or representations regarding any products or services ordered or provided via the site, and hereby disclaim, and you hereby waive, any and all warranties and representations made in product or services literature, frequently asked questions documents and otherwise on the site or in correspondence with universal or its agents. any products and services ordered or provided via the site are provided by universal “as is”, except to the extent, if at all, otherwise set forth in a license or sale agreement separately entered into in writing between you and universal or its licensor or supplier.
11. Limitation of liability. In no event shall universal or any of its directors, officers, employees, agents or content or service providers (collectively, the “protected entities”) be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, exemplary or punitive damages arising from, or directly or indirectly related to, the use of, or the inability to use, the site or the content, materials and functions related thereto, lost business or lost sales, even if such protected entity has been advised of the possibility of such damages. some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages so some of the above limitations may not apply to certain users. in no event shall the protected entities be liable for or in connection with any content posted, transmitted, exchanged or received by or on behalf of any user or other person on or through the site. in no event shall the total aggregate liability of the protected entities to you for all damages, losses, and causes of action (whether in contract or tort, including, but not limited to, negligence or otherwise) arising from the terms and conditions or your use of the site exceed, in the aggregate, the amount, if any, paid by you to universal for your use of the site.
12. Applicable Laws. We control and operate the Site from our offices in the United States of America. We do not represent that materials on the Site are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Persons who choose to access the Site from other locations do so on their own initiative, and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
13. Modifications to the Site and the Services. We reserve the right, for any reason, in our sole discretion, to terminate, change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Site, including, but not limited to, content, features or hours of availability. We may also impose limits on certain features of the Site or restrict your access to part or all of the Site without notice or penalty. Universal reserves the right to temporarily or permanently terminate your membership on the Site for any or no reason without prior notice.
14. Miscellaneous. The Terms and Conditions and the relationship between you and us shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York, without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You agree that any cause of action that may arise under the Terms and Conditions shall be commenced and be heard in the appropriate court in the State of New York, County of New York. You agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within New York County in the State of New York. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the Terms and Conditions is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Terms and Conditions remain in full force and effect.